© 2013 WINDBLOX
Email to a Friend
Add Your Review
Double-Click to Zoom or Shrink
BMW Z3 Chrome Roll Hoops
* Required Fields
Add Your Review
Windscreen mounts on aftermarket chrome roll hoops for the BMW Z3
Base Cost: The base cost is for a reinforced acrylic windblocker, nylon straps, no tint, and no satchel.
Thickness: This windscreen is constructed of 1/4 thick material
This option is for 1/4 inch abrasion resistant Lexan material.This material is a virtually indestructible material suitable for high impact applications, such as bullet resistant windows, boat windshields, lightweight bicycle gear sprockets, etc. This is abrasion resistant lexan, with a 10 year manufacture's warranty, and does not yellow with sun exposure. Paradoxically, lexan is actually a soft material, so this AR Polycarbonate is specially formulated lexan designed to resist minor scruffs, wear, and constant exposure to the elements. You will come to very much appreciate this abrasion lexan offered only by Windblox for years after your purchase.
Clear: No tint for comparison
Looks like glass. This option give the windscreen edge the look of glass, of a dim green glow. This tint is visible when viewed from the edge, and not within the main body surface. Note: this option is available only with clear acrylic. It is not available with lexan or other tints.
Here is the rubber edge around the perimeter of a BMW Z3 windscreen. A rubber bead protects against dropping and abrasion against your car, attached to the perimeter of the windscreen.
1) Can you leave the windscreen in place while raising and lowering the top?Yes, you can. Many customers simply leave the windscreen mounted on their car most of the year.
2) What color are the straps?
3) Does the bottom of the windscreen rub against the car? No, the fastening lifts the windscreen up off the bottom to eliminate bottom-side wear, and is cushioned against the car to preventing abrasion.
4) Is this difficult to install? Definitely not. Elementary age children install these windscreens.
5) Could the wind deflector chatter when in use? No, the fastening system holds the windscreen very secure to the car. This windscreen is tested to 150 MPH.
6) What is the difference between acrylic and lexan? Acrylic is about 18x stronger than glass; Lexan is about 61x stronger
7) Doesn't acrylic or lexan yellow in sunlight? Some manufactures with less quality might, but not Windblox.
8) Could the windblocker induce any sort of wear? Never. Since the windscreen is secure in place, there is no movement between the windscreen and the car, so there is no wear.
9) How long does this wind deflector last? With regular care and handling, your windscreen will last the lifetime of your car.
10) Is the tint an overlay film? No, the tint is infused in the material, which resists scratches and abrasions.
11) Should I get a tint? Tinting is a color preference, so it really depends your individual taste; however, the smoke tint is our favorite, and what we use.
12) Does the tint inhibit rear view vision? No - it's like looking through sunglasses.
13) Does the windstop cause glare at night? No. First, the windscreen is made of a specialty glare resistant material. Second, the windscreen mounts at a slight angle, to further cut glare.
14) Does this windscreen interfere with the boot cover? No, it does not.
6.4 / 7.0
6.8 / 7.0
6.3 / 7.0
Review by Jim
Review by Jogan
Review by Rogen
These are quality units made with durable material, nylon threads, and tight stitching. You will not be disappointed.
Cloth satchel is made from a single piece of cloth.
Note that the cloth style varies, so the cloth windblocker you get may not be the same color/texture as this satchel shown.
Vinyl satchel has a tougher exterior.
Vinyl satchel has a soft, fleece liner.
1) Which is Which?One of these windscreens is brand new; the other is eight years old. The old screen was borrowed from a first customer, sold back in November of 1999 for a BMW Z3. The used windscreen has been in active use since. The customer estimate he drives top-down 140 days per year. He leaves the windscreen in the car about ten months a year, taking it out and storing it during the raining months of December and January. Can you tell which windscreen has a thousand days top-down use and 3000+ days mounted in the car, and which windscreen is brand new?
2) Stronger Material#1) This is a sheet of ordinary 1/4 inch (635 mm) acrylic. The deflection bottoms out, more than three inches (7.6 cm).; This is the windblocker material used by other vendors. #2) This is a sheet of 3/8 inch (953 mm) of polycarbonate acrylic. Despite being thicker than Windblox, this wind deflector still deflects 50% more; the deflection is just over 1.5 inches (3.8 cm). #3) Windblox's material deflects less than 7/8 inch (2.2 cm) under the same weight.
3) Edging Cut The Right Way To Cut #1) A customer traded in this particular windblocker, purchased from another vendor. This windscreen was fabricated upon a shop table router. The cut and workmanship is inconsistent, with nicks and gouges. #2) This wind deflector was cut upon double sided AR Polycarbonate acrylic, using a CNC router. While the cut is smooth, machinery marks are prominent. #3) Windblox's windscreens are cut using a five thousand watt laser, ensuring a crystal clear cut with a polished finish.
4) Resists Fractures A customer experienced this fracturing with a wind deflector purchased from another vendor. From the continual movement and stresses, combined with inferior material, micro-stress cracks emerged. These cracks grew over time, until the windscreen became unstable.
This picture is a close-up from of a slot from a customer's Windblox BMW Z3 windstop, continually mounted on his car since November 2002. Since Windblox uses the best available material, it wears well over time, remaining crisp and clear. (Photo taken June 2009.)
5) 15 Years Windblox windscreens are constructed from materials providing a 15 year scratch and mar resistant rating. Against daily and constant use, your windscreen remains clear throughout its life.
6) Lifetime Warranty Windblox is the only manufacture warranting against buffs and abrasions. Your windscreen will be clear for the lifetime of your automobile.
7) No Squeaks or Rattles Windblox windblockers are securely held in place, with no movement between the windscreen and your car. This prevents annoying high pitch squeaks and rattles when driving with your windscreen
8) Easy Installation This wind deflector is most simple to install. A 12-year old niece of a staffer installs these windscreens in two minutes.
9) Does Not Induce Abrasion Against Your Car Windblox windstop does not rub against your car, preventing ongoing abrasion and wear. This is a picture from a customer's car. She purchased a windscreen from a different vendor. After eight months continually mounted on her car, the poor fit caused accumulated wear against the roll hoops
10) Does Not Yellow from Sun Exposure At one point, this windscreen (from another vendor) was clear. This customer lives in Texas, and had this windscreen mounted on his car for four years, before it became unusable. Windblox windscreens are guaranteed not to yellow from sun exposure.
11) Anti Wobble No wobble. Windblox windblockers remain secure when in use. The windscreen does not wobble or vibration when, even at high speeds.
12) Made For Speed Windblox wind deflectors are rated for 150 MPH (250 KM/hr).
13) Utilitizes Green Processes All cast-off material is recycled. Base material incorporates soybean based oils instead of all petroleum, increasing use of renewable materials.
14) Laser Fabrication All Windblox wind deflectors are cut on a 5,000 watt laser (normal power for this process is 100 watts), providing exceptionally clear cuts.